Sun, Oct 08|
Big Cypress MM63 parking lot N. FTA
Raw Figs x Miami Hiking Club
Please read event details for more detailed information.
Time & Location
Oct 08, 2023, 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Big Cypress MM63 parking lot N. FTA, Ochopee, FL 34141, EE. UU.
About the event
PLEASE READ ALL EVENT DETAILS:
Complimentary coconut water will be served at the end!
We always encourage carpooling and to bring a bag for trash.
We will meet at 9:30 AM at the Florida Trail trailhead in Big Cypress National Preserve on the northern side of I-75. It is next to the Collier County Rest Area (address below).
Plan for an 80-90 minute drive if you are coming from Miami.
Our route will only be about 3-4 miles, but plan to be out there until about 2pm as we tend to stop often.
Location Google Maps:
What to bring and wear:
- • Shoes: The best shoes for hiking in the Everglades are trail runners or lightweight hiking boots. If you don't have those, a pair of sneakers will work. Any comfortable, sturdy, and closed-toe shoe that you don't mind getting muddy or wet is enough for the hike. We won't be doing a wet walk this time, but could run into water/mud at certain points on the trail.
- • Clothing: Lightweight, moisture- wicking clothing is best. Long sleeves, long pants, and socks that cover your ankles. Whatever is comfortable for you to wear in warm weather.
- •Hat: Any hat that's comfortable in the heat and protecting your face from the sun. I haven't found I've needed abug net recently in Big Cypress, but you can pick one up from Dick's Sporting Goods for $3.50.
- • Water: Bring a big water bottle for the hike and another in your car for after the hike. In Florida, always opt to bring more water than less. Oasis Visitor Center has a water fountain, and the visitor center shop will possibly be open as well.
- • Bug spray: The bugs haven't been too bad recently, but it's always necessary. TIP: Perfume and scented deodorants tend to attract mosquitos and other bugs. It’s okay to smell, we accept you and prefer you don’t get bit 👃 🦟
- •Small backpack: A small backpack or bag to carry your things. This includes any waterproof baggies.
- •Sunscreen: Always necessary outdoors in Florida.
- • Snacks: Any snacks or food you may want during or after the hike.
- • Walking stick: If you want extra support for any slippery spots, knees, or balance, bring a walking stick. Any stick that will help you balance will work, such as a hiking pole, wooden mop handle, or any other sturdy stick that is about shoulder-height or longer.
The figure drawing session hosted by , Raw Figs, with a costumed model. We ask that minors please come with your parent/guardian or be sure to have our guardian consent form signed prior to attending.
We rely on your donations* to keep Raw Figs continuing happening for the community so we may be able to purchase materials, pay the model, cover props and location costs, as well as paying our part-time employees.
We'll have drawing kits available for those that need on a first come, first serve basis, but we always encourage everyone to bring their own when possible.
Pose times are as follows:
- 2 x 2 mins
- 2 x 5 mins
- 1 x 10 mins
- 1 x 15 mins
-1 x 20 mins
*Note: Donations will be split between Miami Hiking Club and Raw Figs.
EVENT DETAILS SUMMARY:
- 54 mins of Poses
- Costumed Model
- Materials first come, first serve.
- 18+ older suggested
- Parking Lots
- Free Coconut Water
- Guided Walk by Experienced Professionals
THIS WILL BE A DOCUMENTED EVENT. If you wish to not have your image captured, please let a member of our team know.
Thank you for your support and see you soon!
Figure Drawing RSVP
Use this option if you wish Donate in Person or can't afford to donate at the moment. If this option is full always feel free to reach out.$0.00Sold Out
Suggested Donation $20$20.00+$0.50 service feeSold Out
Figure Drawing DonationsPay what you want+Service feeSold Out
This event is sold out